Health Education England (HEE) North West is now inviting applications from employers for potential Advanced Clinical Practitioner funding for the academic year 2019-2020.
Applications are open to:
- NHS organisations e.g. Trusts, CCGs, GP Practices
- Organisations undertaking commissioned work on behalf of the NHS delivering within the North West of England
- Private, voluntary and independent sector organisations. These organisations must be ‘not for profit’.
Within the North West region applications are particularly welcomed from employers who are introducing Advanced Clinical Practice within; Emergency and Urgent Care, Cancer, Mental Health, Learning Disabilities, Primary Care and Children and Young People Services.
A link to the electronic application form is available here
The deadline for HEE to receive an application is 5pm on 30 April 2019
Frequently Asked Questions
Prior to submitting an application please read the pdf frequently asked questions (417 KB) and the pdf ACP Principles 2019-20 (387 KB) which sets out the principles of the funding and is in line with the ACP multi-professional framework for advanced clinical practice in England.
List of Universities providing ACP training
Please click pdf here (130 KB) for a list of Universities that are providing the masters and apprenticeship funding.
ACP Job Descriptions and application queries
For each application you complete, you are required to submit a Job Description (JD). If you need to compile a JD and would like to view some examples or have any other queries with the application process, please contact the following:
Application Approval Timescales
- An offer of funding will be sent to employers by 31 May 2019
- Employers will have until 28 June 2019 to confirm if the place(s) they have been offered are no longer required. This is to ensure enough time is given to reallocate the funding to other employers.
- Employers to confirm the name(s) of the student HEE will be funding by 31 July 2019.
Note the above dates may be subject to change depending on the number of applications received
It is appreciated that some employers may not be aware of the national apprenticeship programme. Therefore, please read our pdf Apprenticeship Guidance (436 KB) which provides information on the Level 7 Advanced Clinical Practitioner Apprenticeship Programme.
Regional and Local ACP development
On 13th February 2019 at Brockholes Nature Reserve, HEE North West and Lancashire and South Cumbria ICS, held a Primary Care event to bring together HEI’s, current ACP students, practicing Advanced Clinical Practitioners and GP Practices, to discuss future adoption of the role within the region. A copy of the slides for the event can found pdf here (2.92 MB)
Please see HEE’s national site for more information on the development of the ACP role nationally.